Exciting and career-advancing opportunity for a technically savvy, customer-centric, and solution-focused professional to join an expanding international team!
Established in 1997, Consignor is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and has six global offices. A leading provider of Delivery Management solutions, our software serves thousands of clients, efficiently administrating the shipping of goods, printing package labels and freight documents, calculating freight prices, track & trace of packages, generating statistics and reports. Our software holds the largest carrier library in the world, connecting our customers to carriers that match their specific shipping needs.
The Consignor software platform creates more than 100 million shipments per year and enables more than 10,000 customers to choose the best solution for producing shipments, regardless of the carriers, ERP-system or E-commerce solution.
The Carrier Integration Project Manager is responsible for identifying and building strong working relationships with carriers. S/he ensures that Consignor has the most complete portfolio of carrier partners to service the ever-growing diverse customer base, with a continuous focus on support and management of our partners. Reporting to the Head of Carrier Development, this position collaborates closely with developers and project managers across all global locations. The main responsibility will be working with U.S. carriers, providing support for global carriers as needed.
The ideal candidate is a technically curious, fast learner, with the ability to translate Consignor into the carrier’s specification. In this role you will build and maintain direct relationships with the carrier IT teams. While an office – based position, some travel is expected, including international travel 2-3 times per year.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Consignor functionality, its interface specifications via both file transfer and API calls, platform architecture and infrastructure.
- Establish yourself as a business liaison between Consignor and the carriers, expanding Consignor brand awareness
- Understand carrier integrations, performance and usability: Work with carriers to develop improvements to their existing integration.
- Read and analyze technical documentations from carriers to write specifications for developers.
- Maintain effective relationships and communication with carriers and internal stakeholder.
- Be a key influencer for the Consignor brand values with carriers, safeguarding, and enhancing our reputation for product and service excellence within the market.
- Ensure integrations and change requests are detailed and geared towards carrier goals, maximizing potential and providing carriers with a demonstrable return on investment and high product satisfaction.
- Ensure integrations are aligned with Consignor’s long term strategic goals
- Manage and promote partnership sharing mindset, interpretation and utilization of the carrier and Consignor operational knowledge.
- Directly influence the internal strategy around Consignor products through carrier feedback and critical observations upon usage.
Qualifications and skills
- Technically savvy. Experience reading and extracting relevant content from technical documentation. XML/JSON expertise a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: Experience managing and developing and managing successful client/partner/internal relationships.
- Structured, organized and quality oriented. Able to manage a demanding schedule, prioritizing internal and carrier activities.
- Ability to read and understand webservice documentation describing a carrier’s booking API.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and project management skills. Creative: experience troubleshooting technical issues.
- Driven and dynamic personality
- Flexible mindset and can-do attitude: Willingness to adapt to customer and organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or AA
- Experience with PRINCE2 or ITIL
- Background from warehousing, transport & logistics, systems or IT.
- Working knowledge of fulfilment, supply chain and carrier operations.
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance: Health and dental
- 401k with company match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Paid Holidays
Candidates must have authorization to work in the US. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Text by Consignor, email@example.com