Consignor streamlines the work for our employees in customer service and at the warehouse, provides track & trace for our thousands of customers who each month track their parcels on our sites – track & trace data retrieved from Consignor Portal. This reduces processing time on all orders, and means that we are able to send parcels faster and cheaper.
Free shipping, fast delivery and superb customer service are key words at online shop inCover, who sell accessories for smartphones and tablets online. inCover use the Consignor software for their shipments as it is fully compliant with their own high standards.
inCover.dk has grown from a small online shop in 2009 to being a major Nordic online player today with both a Danish and Norwegian online shop, 30 employees and more than 52,000 shipments a year. inCover’s goal is to provide the best overall experience for its customers, when they ship accessories for their smartphones and tablets online – a goal which the Consignor software supports.
“Consignor eases our shipping process. The software allows us to automatically book transport for shipments when receiving orders, print shipping labels simply by scanning orders and quickly and easily see track & trace status on the parcels. In this way Consignor streamlines the work for our employees in customer service and at the warehouse, provides track & trace for our thousands of customers who each month track their parcels on our sites – track & trace data retrieved from Consignor Portal. This reduces processing time on all orders, and means that we are able to send parcels faster and cheaper,” says CEO, Jesper Hvejsel.
Besides the fact that inCover saves time on shipments with Consignor, they are also able to use the software to reduce invoice errors from carriers and thereby save money on shipping, says Jesper Hvejsel:
“With Consignor we are able to get data on all shipments and match this with carrier invoices, and thus avoid paying too much in freight costs.”
inCover has great plans for the future. They not only aim to be the biggest online retailer of accessories for smartphones and tablets in the Nordics, but also plan to take on the rest of Europe, once again Consignor works as an advantage.
“We plan to expand inCover to Sweden, Finland, Britain, Germany, France, Spain and Italy in the future. And Consignor is an important card in our hands as we are able to quickly and easily start up with carriers in new countries, as with Consignor we do not need to code a whole lot and setup carriers ourselves. In that way Consignor gives us the freedom to make the right decisions, ” says Jesper Hvejsel.
inCover uses Consignor On-premises, which is one of the three versions of Consignor. Each of the three versions have their advantages, depending on the type of business in question, but overall the software is the same. Consignor On-premises is integrated to inCover’s ERP system Selveo. This means that their warehouse employees do not actually see Consignor, but all of the features are integrated to the ERP system. This way inCover operators can continue to with a system they are familiar with. They use Consignor Portal for tracking parcels through inCover’s customer service. Consignor is therefore included in several parts of the shipping process at inCover.
Step by step – how Consignor is included in inCover’s shipping process
- inCover’s customers place an order in the online shop.
- Via the online shop’s integration to Consignor, inCover automatically book their shipments to be picked up, and simultaneously sends shipment data to the carrier.
- The picker at inCover’s warehouse picks the items and prints shipping labels via Consignor by scanning the order ID. The shipping labels are attached to the shipments in accordance with the carrier’s formats.
- The carrier automatically receives shipment data from inCover on which parcels to pick up.
- The carrier picks up inCover’s parcels and scans the Consignor label to update the parcel’s track & trace status in Consignor Portal, which can both be accessed by inCover and their customers via inCover’s website.
- The carrier delivers the parcel to the recipient, and scans the Consignor label to mark the parcel as delivered in its track & trace history at inCover.
Text by: Consignor, email@example.com
- inCover uses PostNord as carrier.
- inCover is owned by the company Firtal, who in addition to inCover owns and operates eight other online shops, including: helsebixen.dk, helsehelse.dk, Iforma.se, Viivaa.dk, Made4men.dk, Made4men.no and Made4men.se.
- Firtal acquired inCover.dk in 2015, and went from being a family business with a Danish online shop to being Nordic with an online shop in Norway with solid knowledge of the industry.
- Combined Firtal’s online shops send 220,000 shipments a year, and have plans of growing to 300,000 shipments in 2017.
- All of Firtal’s online shops share a warehouse in Lystrup, Denmark, from where they send online orders to customers in Scandinavia and the rest of Europe.
- Firtal employs 30 people, three of whom work in customer service and 12 at the warehouse.