Your primary responsibilities are to analyze documentation and technical specifications of a carriers’ system, integrate and maintain the carriers’ business logic in our platform, create custom documents using internal tools and describe tasks for other projects to ensure all requirements are met.
You must be able to effectively communicate complex concepts with vendors, customers, co-workers and management, both verbally and in writing.
You must balance a self-motivated, independent work ethic with the desire to train and assist others. Organization, prioritization, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure are all crucial.
You will be reporting to the Team Manager.
• Performs maintenance and upgrades of existing middleware systems in accordance with organizational standards to maintain operational stability of the system.
• Communicates critical information to management and support teams.
• Understands existing implementations with mentoring.
• Performs user and workflow testing, exhibiting ability through analytic skill and experience to anticipate the larger ramifications and interactions of a bug.
• Performs in-depth product testing such as writing and executing test scripts, writing test specifications from product specifications with moderate supervision.
• Can use, understand, and write new automated tests for owned areas.
• Achieves product area expertise: able to answer questions, review features.
• Writes documentation for related areas which independently follows up on issues and communicates status to management in a timely manner.
• Conveys information clearly and effectively within bug reports and documentation.
• Be flexible to perform development work outside the job description, not using Python, but related to carrier development in Consignor.
Consignor is a leading provider of Delivery Management software, combining its extensive knowledge of transport and logistics with excellent software architecture and design. Consignor has the world’s largest carrier library, giving customers access to the carriers that best meet their needs.
The Consignor platform handles millions of shipments each year, enabling more than 10,000 customers globally, to choose the best solution for their shipments. Customers range from small online stores to large, multinational companies. Consignor takes pride in listening to customers and growing with them, both geographically and in terms of how they can meet their needs.
Established in 1997, Consignor is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and is represented with its own subsidiaries in the Nordic countries, the UK and the US. With over 170 employees. Consignor has grown to become one of the largest providers of Delivery Management software, support customers with their online checkouts, warehouse fulfilment operations, instore fulfilment and click & collect operations, as well as own-fleet and final miles solutions.
Sign up to our newsletter for regular updates about the shipping, logistics and delivery management industriesSign up
Discover how Consignor can make delivery a competitive advantage for your business and a seamless experience for your customers.Request a Demo